DCT - Datacenter Technologies
Exit: Acquired by Vertitas (now Symantec) in 2005
- Datacenter Technologies created backup/restore software for first Datacenters and remote offices.
- The Company was sold to Veritas Software which was subsequently acquired by Symantec
- Datacenter Technologies created the first CAS (Content Addressed Storage) based backup technology. Using these technologies, customers required 10 times less storage for typical backup processes.
- The product became Symantec netbackup-puredisk and has been one of the fastest growing products within Symantec/Veritas..
- We can safely say that our technology changed the way backup is being done across the world. Our CAS based product is an integral part of most of the Symantec/Veritas product line.
Website: Symantec netbackup-puredisk