Hypervisor software developed by Innotek GmbH, a Weinstadt, Germany-based supplier of virtualization software. Founded by Achim Hasenmueller, who is currently advisor to Green IT Globe and Racktivity. The company was founded in 2000.
Acquired by SUN Microsystems (now Oracle) in 2008. It enabled all developers worldwide with a more performing hypervisor that can be installed locally. Virtualbox is the most popular DevOps hypervisor in the world.
- The first neutral hypervisor in the world
- When acquired it had more than 5.000.000 users
- Virtualbox had more than 1.000.000 downloads per week
- Incubaid has led the technology positioning and exit to SUN
- Virtualbox is still the most downloaded hypervisor in the world
- Virtualbox is the most efficient hypervisor for local installation
- Virtualbox is the most popular DevOps hypervisor for 20 million developers